Confessions of a Mediaholic, part 3: Skiing!

Labels: , , | 0 reacties»

Every Monday I will write a personal blog post about me and social media. This week I will tell you more about my passion: skiing. While most of you are enjoying "Carnaval" and doing the "polonaise", I am enjoying my winter sports holiday in Austria.

 


I see you thinking what has skiing to do with social media? Well, the skies are upgraded from wood to carbon and also the technology around: from the paper cards which you have to put in a reader to cards with chips which can be read from one meter distance.

There is something cool about those cards with chips which all have an unique number. You can registrate this number online via www.skiline.cc plus you select your ski resort. After you have done this, you can check whenever you want the website to see your skiline: your passed vertical meters, the number of lifts you have taken and the downhill distance. This data can be shared with your friends within one second. You can chose you want to share this data with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or e-mail.

Moreover, in some ski resorts there is a so called "ski movie area." This is a short downhill: when you start you have to go through a gate and scan your personal skicard. Then you start and ski down the hill, following the race-course. While you are skiing, a camera films you and also this movie can be found on www.skiline.cc.

This was my first day here in Austria, so I did not make a skimovie yet. But when I have one, I will share this with you here on my blog and Twitter. Though, these are my ski statistics of today!

Until next time,
Eline Jansen, Mediaholic


Do you have a Bloglovin' account? Follow me also on Bloglovin'!

0 Responses to "Confessions of a Mediaholic, part 3: Skiing!" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...